Published Sep 27. 2008 - 12 years ago
Updated or edited Aug 8. 2015

Norway Troutrivers – Need For A License To Drilll?

Hi Folks,

I have a question. Since a couple of months I live in Norway. Selfunderstanding that I went in touch with riverfishing very soon. So I know you need a anual license and a daily or weekly license to fish for salmon. Now the salmon season is over. But I did not find any information about the trout fishing in the rivers around here or rather if there is a need to buy a fishing license for that?

I asked some guys here but the don´t know either. Has someone an idea?

T.L. Frank

You only need a national...

You only need a national licence (fiskeavgift) if you fish in an area with migratory fish, e.g. sea trout, migratory arctic char or salmon. Otherwise all that you'll need is a licence or permission to fish that lake/river/stream.


Log in or register to pre-fill name on comments, add videos, user pictures and more.
Read more about why you should register.